The Town of Hancock is divided into various “Zones” i.e. Rural Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Shoreland Each of these zones has its own rules for building, i.e. what can be done in a particular zone and what the setbacks are in a particular zone. Please contact Don Baker, CEO before beginning any building project. This includes excavation!
All construction in Hancock that exceeds 100 sq. feet must have a building permit before construction begins.
All building and/or excavation in Shoreland Zone requires a permit!
You can download the application here or fill it out On-Line. NEW!
- Building Permit Application
- Shoreland Zoning Application
- Site Plan Review Application
- Subdivision Application
- Sign Application
- Road Entrance Permit Application
- APPLICATION FOR VARIANCE OR APPEAL TO BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS